I finally got around to dyeing my yarn for my upcoming tapestry...the weatherman forecasted no 'June Gloom' for Saturday so I figured it would be a great dye day...six hours later the sun finally came out and my family of reds was all dyed.
The tapestry I will be weaving next on my Big Shannock is a poem I wrote as a kid. Similar in concept to the small piece that I am working on now but different in size, yarn, sett... I am designing this piece to be a sampler which would use a variety of reds and its closer relatives to see how they look with each other.
I need a sampler because I still want to weave that large tapestry I designed and I am in search of the 'right' palette of reds to work perfectly with the lovely dark blue violet I bought recently. I can see it my mind...just have to find it in reality. My yarn is a cotton-silk blend where each component takes the color a bit differently for a lovely mottled look. It's always a surprise to see how the color takes to the yarns.
Although the yarns are not yet dry I can see some absolutely lovely reds here...