Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Beetles Travel to Studio 74


Four Long Horned Beetles from my collection. 
Four of my Long Horned Beetles are being exhibited at Studio 74 as part of a California Fiber Artists exhibit in Fresno California.  

I was fortunate enough to attend the opening reception with a few other artists in California Fiber Artists.   I had a really great time on the trip and took lots of photos and here are a few of my favorites.

 California Fiber Artists is a group of professional artists who promote fiber art through exhibiting throughout the country.  If you want to see more of their work you can look through our 2013 Portfolio which I just created and published on Blurb for the group.





Studio 74 is a house with many rooms creating wonderful intimate exhibit spaces. 
Here are my four long horned beetles along side a beautiful piece called In the Window by Joanell Connolly.

I simply love this piece called Tortured Soul by Desieree Habicht.   It is quite large - 3 feet by 4 feet. 

This is one of my favorite pieces done by Carol Brown; looks like a watercolor but all done in thread and fabric.


These two stunning quilted and painted pieces are done by Sherry Kleinmann who works from live models.

Journal Pages by Mary Beth Schwartzenberger. 



No comments: