Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Frame Appears

Here is what I have been working on diligently for the last week or so.

Pictured is the bottom of the frame for my Van Gogh inspired piece. The white paper simply covers up the hem so as not to take away from the design. I really like how it is coming out. The colors are right on to the colors I wanted. The design is good. The weaving is slow and extremely technical.

If you look carefully, you will see an error. Now that I have pointed out that there is an error in the execution of the design I am sure you will study the photo more carefully. People are like that! It's funny about weaving mazes. It takes about three or four rows of the maze to be completed before any error really stands out and says "hello".

I have a couple more rows before I start getting to the outlines of the upper body. There are 72 rows in this piece with each 'row' having four round trip passes. It is a pleasant interlude have a large section of a single color. Plus, I don't even have to have my cartoon attached to the weaving.

Here is the maze all fixed. The error has disappeared. I felt like a surgeon with my needles, scissors and tweezers. Easy come...easy go.

No comments: